Teaching and Learning
Staff TrainingThe academy prides itself on providing the best possible learning experience for all of its students. This is achieved through a commitment to recruit passionate, highly qualified staff who feel that they are able to contribute to the school ethos and values, whilst continually making a positive difference to student outcomes.
In order to achieve this, the staff at the academy participate in a programme of continuous professional development throughout the academic year. This can involve:
- The leading of, and participation in, specific training.
- Supporting other colleagues within the school; as individuals or within small groups.
- Supporting colleagues in other schools.
- Contributing to the wider professional educational community; collaborating with external agencies in order to provide training, or networking through social media in order to strengthen teaching practice.
- Following a personalised training pathway in order to meet the needs of individual staff members.
Alcester Academy follows the TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme) pedagogical approach to teaching. www.teep.org.uk/