Aim of Policy
Purpose and definition of Homework
Learning at home is an essential part of good education. Regular homework is important, since it serves as an intellectual discipline, establishes study habits, eases time constraints on the amount of curricular material that can be covered in class, and supplements and reinforces work done in school. In addition, it fosters student initiative, independence and responsibility, and brings home and school closer together. It helps students to become confident and independent in their learning which will help throughout their time at school and in adult life.
Please see below link to our homework rota for KS3:
Students will normally be given at least 48 hours notice to complete your work this may be extended under special circumstances.
Work may be set by a variety of methods depending on the subject and this can include some online platforms. All work will be assigned through Google Classroom which will enable parents to have an overview of work set each week.
Role of the Pupil
- In year 7 students will record homework tasks in their planners and ensure their understanding of the tasks
- In year 8 those students who have opted into using a planner will record their homework
- In KS4 students will check the work on Google Classroom and ensure their understanding of the tasks set demonstrate a commitment to spending an allocated time doing the tasks set:
- complete all work set to the best of their ability
- present homework appropriately
- hand in or submit the work in on time
Completing homework in school
There are opportunities to complete homework in school. This is a perfectly acceptable alternative to completing work at home, should either time or access to facilities be a limiting factor. These facilities include:
- Our Art facility is usually open at lunchtime, but periodically may be unavailable due to staff commitments.
- Our LRC is open most lunch times and serves as an access to ICT, a quiet work area or a reading area.
- Homework clubs will be published on our Additional Learning Opportunities area of the website, under Extra Curricular.
- A year 11 study room available 3 times per week.