Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare Information
Our Learning Support Unit (LSU) is located within the Academy near to the main school reception.
The LSU is in this school to help our students make the most of their time at Alcester Academy. We provide high quality services that support them, enhance their learning and experiences and are responsive to their changing needs.
Our core aim is to work with the students and all staff members, to develop excellent student support and student support services. By doing this, we help our students make good choices so they are ready to learn and we can promote progression throughout each academic year, until they participate in further and higher education.
- Feeling poorly/first aid
- Signing in and out
- Medication storage
- Bus/transport enquiries and bus passes
- Lost property
- Contacting parents in an emergency
- Asking for advice and support
- School uniform/shoes/ties/badges
- Someone to share a problem with
- Returning forms for certain events/school requirements
Staff in the LSU
- Rewards Trips – We run trips at Christmas and at the end of the school year to reward those students who have over 95% attendance and no behaviour points. Recent trips have included Ice Skating, Drayton Manor Theme Park and Alton Towers.
- Celebration Assemblies – At the end of each term we hold Celebration Assemblies, where students are rewarded with certificates across all subjects for Achievement, Progress and Attendance.
- In July we hold our annual Celebration Evening. This themed night celebrates our students achievements throughout the year, with awards given across all year groups for progress and achievement in each subject and student of the year in each year group.