Careers Education at Alcester Academy
Mrs Paula Hale
Email Mrs Hale on firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Year 11 Assemblies 2020-21
At Alcester Academy we are committed to implementing the Gatsby Benchmarks. These guidelines ensure that we are meeting our statutory requirements for your child’s careers education and our careers provision must meet these Benchmarks by the end of 2020.
The Benchmarks are as follows:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
You can find details of the Gatsby Benchmarks in full here:
Alcester Academy Careers ProgrammeWe aim to provide a stimulating and varied careers education programme for our students. Activities include:
- A structured programme of careers lessons in all year groups
- Careers information on suitable study options and labour market information, available in the LRC and from the Careers Leader on request
- Tailored activities for individuals or groups of students with specific careers interests or requirements
- Curriculum lessons which highlight the relevance of learning subjects which lead to a wide variety of career paths
- Opportunities to learn from employers and employees at internal and external careers fairs, super-learning days and careers talks
- Opportunities to visit local companies and organisations with the option of work experience in Year 10
- Careers talks in school by sixth form and college staff, with optional taster days in schools, colleges and universities
- Personal guidance interviews for every student by a trained careers advisor
Destinations after Year 11All major providers of education post 16 will be visiting the Academy during the Autumn Term. Attendance at these events is strongly recommended.
- Representative from sixth forms, colleges and apprenticeship providers will be on hand at the Year 11 Parents’ Evening. They will be there to answer all questions on the application process, entry requirements and education post 16.
- Colleges and apprenticeship providers will be exhibiting at Alcester Ambitions Careers Fair, which is attended by all students during the school day.
- Representatives of sixth forms will hold lunchtime meetings or assemblies to discuss the A Level curriculum and application process in detail.
Sixth Form and College Open Events
This information is accurate at time of publication. Please check the website of establishments you wish to visit in order to obtain up-to-date information. Some schools and colleges (in addition to the ones listed here) may request that you register online to attend open events.
Post 16 Destinations of Alcester Academy StudentsProvisional results from our destinations survey of students who left Alcester Academy in 2018 are as follows:
% of Cohort
All Grammar Schools
Alcester Grammar School
Stratford Girls’ Grammar School
King Edward VI
Other Sixth Forms
St Benedict’s Catholic School
Prince Henry’s High School
Chipping Campden School